Positive Displacement Flow Meter
Positive displacement flow measurement technology accurately measures the volume of liquid or gas passing through the flow meter by directing the fluid to mechanically displace components in the meter in order to measure its flow as discreet parcel volumes. Prior calibration and sound engineering tolerances ensure superior accuracy and repeatability from many styles and variations of PD meter.
Oval gear, nutating disc, diaphragm, and helical gear, as well as the oscillating piston, are all examples of meter types that use positive displacement in order to accurately measure flow. Positive displacement flow meters are especially good for smaller line sizes, low flow rates, high viscosity and will last a very long time in service, especially on lubricating and well-filtered liquids.
- Measures thin and also highly viscous liquids
- Highly Accurate and repeatable measurement
- Linear flow measurement
- Low flow models available
- Suitable for applications where temperature and density fluctuates
- Pulsating flows are tolerated
- Unaffected by flow profile
- The low-pressure drop across meter body
- Weights & Measures approved models
- Suitable for hazardous areas
- Low cost of ownership / proven design
- installation in horizontal or vertical pipework
- Traditional mechanical display or digital display options
- Piston meters are good for low volume measurement applications such as fuelling light aircraft and helicopters. Other industries that use these flowmeters include chemical, pharmaceutical, petrochemical, and food and beverage.
- In the chemistry and petrochemistry industries, they are ideal for filling or dosing oils, solvents, and chemicals.
- Rotary Piston flowmeters are used for the measurement of a variety of fluids including gasoline, oils, liquefied petroleum gas, industrial chemicals, solvents, corn syrup, and adhesives.
- Rotary lobe meters are used for weights and measures approved fuel transfer in loadings and de-bunkering applications
- Diaphragm meters are still very widely used across the world for domestic and commercial metering due to their accuracy